Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of East Raleigh/Zebulon is a committed and dependable partner in remediation and restoration throughout Wake County. Discovering water damage is a demoralizing event. If it’s your home, you feel violated. If it’s your business you feel the weight of bills and payroll.
Questions plague us,
“How long will it take to recover from this?”
"Are all my things damaged?"
Our Raleigh area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help whatever size water damage or complication.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (919) 615-1179
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.