Flood Damage Remediation in Raleigh Requires Special Measures
The Clean Up and Restoration of Raleigh Flood Damage Must Be Safe and Hygienic
Throughout the year, powerful storms routinely batter homes in the Raleigh area with high winds and heavy rains. The resulting storm damage comes in many forms, including missing roof tiles, clogged gutters, leaky ceilings, cracked or shattered windows, and flooded basements or ground floors. When cleaning up these messes, special hygienic measures are necessary.
Raleigh flood damage cleanup firms like SERVPRO must take special steps to safely remediate the hazardous effects of black water. These measures are essential given that, unlike clean water, floodwaters are almost always fouled with harmful contaminants like toxic chemicals, farm wastes, and sewage. As a credentialed biohazard cleaning company, SERVPRO is professionally skilled at biohazard remediation, including sewage cleanup, water removal services, water damage repairs, and overall flood restoration.
A few of the specialized procedures we follow in cleaning up harmful, flood-related materials are:
- Always posting warning signs about dangers present, containing hazardous materials to prevent them from contaminating unaffected places, and treating impacted areas with powerful, EPA-approved disinfectants
- Removing silt and debris from floors with rakes/shovels and then expertly disposing of them in environmentally friendly ways
- Throwing out carpeting and padding impacted by floodwaters, pressure washing structural components, and disinfecting their surfaces with strong antimicrobials
- Assessing structural elements and special contents, based on their porosity and the type of contaminants involved, to determine their salvageability
- Removing irreparably-impacted materials, extracting remaining standing water, and thoroughly cleaning all surfaces
- Using a balanced system of air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems to dry out interiors and prevent further water-related damage
As you can see, SERVPRO of Southeast Raleigh/Garner is your go-to place for flood damage cleanup and restoration. So, whenever flooding impacts your residence, remember to call your helpful neighbors at (919) 615-1179 for assistance.