What Should Homeowners Do After Storm Damage in Raleigh?
SERVPRO Provides Flood Restoration in Raleigh That Can Guide Homeowners
When floods come raging through, they can bring all sorts of debris and damage with them. Homeowners may be at a loss as to what to do immediately after the flooding.
Tips on What to Do After a Storm
When SERVPRO arrives, we get busy cleaning, repairing, and restoring your flood damaged home. We provide flood restoration in Raleigh that is second to none. But many homeowners want to know what they can do when a flood hits. Here are some tips on what you can do if you experience flooding:
- Stay Safe – Never enter a home if there is a risk of electricity being live or other safety issues. Never enter contaminated water.
- Take Pictures – Your insurance claims will be easier to process when photos accompany them.
- Contact Your Insurance – As soon as you have the basic info, you need to contact them.
- Turn Off Your Water – Your water source may become contaminated.
- Turn off Utilities – Shut off the power at the source. Disconnect electrical devices that have been in contact with water if it is safe to do so.
- Contact SERVPRO – Immediate water remediation is critical.
SERVPRO of Southeast Raleigh / Garner provides basement flooding cleaning, water removal services, and much more. For quality flood restoration services, give us a call at (919) 615-1179.